Regular visits to my favorite local park (Sloan's Lake) have made me realize many things--like many people don't care about putting their water bottles (labels & lids TOO) in the trash. Well, their carelessness gives me green wishes.
Some thoughts on these dang bottles:
- Try to use reusable bottles whenever possible
- When purchasing bottles of water like these, make a commitment to RECYCLING them! This may mean taking it home with you (if your park does not have a recycling bin). And that goes DOUBLE for the lids and labels that always seem to avoid finding a home in the trash.
My green wishes for today came from 2 water bottle lids, one water bottle label, 3 straws and some kind of candy wrapper:
- The BP well is once and forever capped and sealed.
- Recent rain in CO brings happiness to all gardens in the state.
- The Colorado Dragon Boat Festival at Sloan's Lake goes off without a hitch and without too much litter piling up in the park.
- Plans for the Horseshoe Craft and Flea Market (being held October 2 in North Denver) continue to move forward as a fantastic community event!
- Wishes #5 and #6 are given up to others. If you read this....please feel free to take one and make it your own!